CONTRIBUTION TO NET ZERO
Community Engagement Advisors play a critical role in ensuring the needs of the community are considered in clean economy projects that impact. They also advocate on behalf of the community into the business that’s investing in the renewable energy or other project to build lasting relationships within the community.
COMMON CAREER CHARACTERISTICS
There is no requisite qualification for becoming a Community Engagement Advisor, though it is recommended that individuals study a Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent, to develop the requisite communications skills.
RELEVANT TRAINING & EDUCATION RESOURCES
Advancing your career as a Community Engagement Advisor in clean energy involves a combination of experience, skills development, networking, and a proactive approach to staying updated on industry trends. Here are some steps to help you progress in your career:
- Develop a deep understanding of the clean energy industry, including renewable energy technologies, sustainability initiatives, and the environmental impacts of different projects. Stay updated on the latest developments and trends in the industry, including policy changes, emerging technologies, and public perceptions of renewable energy projects.
- Gain a basic understanding of the technical aspects of clean energy projects, allowing you to effectively communicate complex concepts to community members.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with community leaders, residents, and local organisations. Cultivate trust through transparent communication and active engagement.
- Develop strong advocacy and public speaking skills to effectively communicate the advantages of clean energy projects and address community concerns in public forums.
- Stay informed about changes in the clean energy policy landscape. Understanding regulatory frameworks and incentives can enhance your ability to navigate community discussions.
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders, including government agencies, NGOs, and industry partners, to ensure community engagement aligns with broader project goals.
Read more about what Community Engagement Advisors do at yourcareer.gov.au.
Find open jobs
Search: ‘Community Relations Advisor’, ‘Stakeholder Engagement Consultant’, ‘Civic Engagement Strategist’, ‘Liaison Officer’
Community Engagement Advisor
“I want to achieve meaningful, long-term outcomes that will support communities to live better locally, be self-sufficient, and create positive results for the environment.”
When it comes to large-scale infrastructure projects, it’s a wonderful, ambitious aim. And on a good day at work for Martine Holberton, it’s often within reach…